Make every debit card transaction a positive one. Opt-in to avoid being declined.
It’s in your control!
Due to a recent regulatory change effective August 15*, the everyday purchases you make with your debit card and your ATM transactions will no longer be covered by Bounce Protection, our overdraft protection service. If you do not have enough money in your account or the funds are not yet available, the transaction will be declined.
If you want to continue to have this valuable safety net in case of an emergency, you must let us know you want this service or you will lose this flexibility. You must now specifically “opt-in” for Bounce Protection, and here’s how:
- Online – securely submit your information on the form below.
- Call – dial 507-454-8800 or 800-546-4392 to opt-in over the phone.
- Mail or Drop Off – print and fill out the Opt-In form, then put it in the mail or drop it off at any Winona National Bank location (1491 West Broadway, 204 Main Street, 840 Mankato Avenue).
The choice is yours. Bounce was designed as a safety net to protect our customers from the potential embarrassment of insufficient funds and the associated merchant fees. The benefits of choosing to opt-in include:
*Beginning August 15, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions without account holder consent. An overdraft (OD) fee or insufficient funds (NSF) fee of $31.00 will be charged for covering overdrafts that result in a negative balance at the end of the day. Overdrafts may be created by check, ACH, online banking transactions, phone transactions, or other electronic means. Recurring debit card transactions (payments that are set up to bill and pay automatically), such as an automatic draft from your health club or insurance company, may continue to be covered by your overdraft service. Once an overdraft has occurred you are required to bring your account to a positive balance within 30 days. We reserve the right not to pay if your account is not in good standing. Contact us if you have questions.
- Providing peace of mind and convenience – your debit card and ATM transactions will be approved, not denied, within the limits of your Bounce Protection, even if you lose track of your account balance.
- Saving time and money – avoid dealing with returned items and additional merchant fees.
- Avoiding embarrassment – avoid having debit card transactions denied at one-time point-of-sale (POS) merchants. This may include paying for your groceries or filling your car with gas.